Focusing on data
The importance of base our opinion, strategies and trainer design on the collected information.
The goal for all data collection is to capture quality evidence that allows analysis to lead to the formulation of convincing and credible answers to the questions that have been posted. The trainer should be able to see the data as a basis of his/her work where he/she can find the reason for an activity, define the objectives and support a future strategy.
Regardless of the field of study or preference for defining data (quantitative or qualitative), accurate data collection is essential to maintaining the integrity of research. The selection of appropriate data collection instruments (existing, modified, or newly developed) and clearly delineated instructions for their correct use reduces the likelihood of errors. A formal data collection process is necessary as it ensures that the data gathered are both defined and accurate. This way, subsequent decisions based on arguments embodied in the findings are made using valid data. The process provides both a baseline from which to measure and in certain cases an indication of what to improve.
How to apply it in everyday work?
Let’s see how information and data are fundamental for any educational design.
1 How do you plan the content for your next activity?
2. Which are your sources of information for your next activity?
3. How and where did you found them?
4. Do you do this regularly or only in specific situation? Which are these situations that bring this need important?
5.Can you evaluate your performance when you have more information or less?
- How do you make your decisions?
- Do you follow intuition or based on research?
- Do you need to take always decision based on facts?
- What happens to you if you don’t know everything?